Monday, April 21, 2008
Chinese aint Cheap
Tonight i was craving something somewhat Asian. but i knew i needed veggies and didn't have the cash to call Golden Temple, Oishii Sushi or Bernard's. so i made a peanut/veggie/chicken stir fry. you need:
veggies, i just used some of those pre chopped packaged veggies at whole foods, it was a combo of onions, bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini and squash.
a big tablespoon of fancy peanut butter. (crunchy or smooth, the kind where the oil separates works best)
A couple drizzles of balsamic vinegar and EVOO.
some already cooked chicken (i used some leftover rotisserie chicken, if you dont have any, just quickly bake up some nuggets or steal some grilled chicken from the caff.
1. heat a skillet with a drizzle of evoo on medium high heat
2. toss in veggies
3. stir around until veggies are almost done
4. put heat on medium low and dump in a giant PB scoop
5. add a splash of balsamic vinegar
6. mush around a bit until the peanut butter melts to some degree
7. toss in the chicken and stir